New animal research personnel (and new Principal Investigators) who will be working in an animal laboratory must meet the following requirements:
1. Complete species-specific training online;
2. Read Asthma and Allergy materials;
3. Complete Health and Safety training (biological, pathogen, chemical, radition, etc. as needed);
4. Submit health forms;
5. Obtain tetanus vaccine (recommended);
6. Obtain surgery proficiency certification (if applicable).
New PIs should also complete Working with the IACUC training course online.
For more information about this training, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and ask for training material instructions. IACUC Approval MUST be received BEFORE personnel work in any animal area.