We are the team at the University of Mississippi that aids in the commercialization of technologies and intellectual property developed by UM faculty, staff, and students.
- increase the number of technologies licensed to commercial partners and facilitate the formation of companies based on UM technologies
- manage an efficient process which is not a burden on faculty, staff and students and which ensures that research outcomes with commercial potential are protected and then transferred to the private sector
- negotiate and execute non-disclosure, material transfer, memoranda of understanding, licensing and other agreements with external parties to facilitate external collaborations, technology transfer and economic development
- help our faculty, staff and students identify commercial opportunities for intellectual property and prepare invention disclosures and other necessary documents
- help our faculty, staff and students who wish to start a company based on a technology owned by the university to obtain necessary approvals and establish contacts with appropriate resources
- manage the intellectual property process for inventions with promising commercial potential
- work with our licensees to ensure timely development of licensed technologies and fulfillment of financial obligations
- support business development efforts of individual departments and centers/institutes on campus
Walter G. Chambliss, Ph.D.
Director of Technology Management
wchambli ( at ) olemiss ( dot ) edu
Allyson M. Best, M.B.A.
Associate Director of Technology Management
amilhous ( at ) olemiss ( dot ) edu
Latasha R. McJunkins
Project Coordinator, Division of Technology Management
lrmcjunk ( at ) olemiss ( dot ) edu