Section 10: Movement

The PI/Departmental Administrator is responsible for notifying the UFPA when government property is relocated and for updating the departmental government property list with the new location. If prior approval from the agency is required before property movement, the PI/Departmental Administrator should request such approval via the ORSP.

Movement out of the department of any item of federal government property that is tagged with a university property tag must be documented by the PI/Departmental Administrator on an Equipment Transfer Notice which should be signed by the department heads of both the transferring and receiving departments and forwarded to Property Control.

Any time a capital equipment item leaves the campus or is returned, the PI/Departmental Administrator is responsible for completing an Equipment Loan Receipt and forwarding it to Property Control.

The PI/Departmental Administrator is responsible for providing adequate physical protection for equipment during movement to prevent possible damage to property and injury to personnel.