To purchase a single major item of equipment to be used for biomedical research that costs at least $750,000.
Types of Instruments include:
- structural and functional imaging systems
- macromolecular NMR spectrometers
- high-resolution mass spectrometers
- cryoelectron microscopes
This is a semi-limited funding opportunity, in that a list of participating eligible major users must be identified, and only one proposal per instrument type may be submitted by the institution. A major user group of three or more investigators who are PDs/PIs on active NIH research grants with the following activity codes, P01, R01, U01, R35, R37, DP1 and DP2 must be identified. Once this eligibility requirement has been met, additional users with other types of active NIH research grants mechanisms can be added as major or minor users.
- July 29, 2011
- Notice of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
- (type of instrument; PI; identified major user group)
- September 19, 2011
- Full proposal due to NIH
For More Information
- Full Solicitation:
- NIH RePORTER Tool: