Welcome to the ORSP Division of Technology Management (DTM) website. We are the team at the University of Mississippi that aids in the commercialization of technologies and intellectual property developed by UM faculty, staff, and student personnel.
We have organized our website by grouping topics into three major areas of interest: Resources for Faculty, Staff and Students; Resources for Entrepreneurs; and Resources for Our External Partners.
- increase the number of technologies licensed to commercial partners and facilitate the formation of companies based on UM technologies
- manage an efficient process which is not a burden on faculty, staff and students and which ensures that research outcomes with commercial potential are protected and then transferred to the private sector
- negotiate and execute non-disclosure, material transfer, licensing and other agreements with external parties as appropriate to facilitate external collaborations, technology transfer and economic development
- help faculty and staff identify commercial opportunities for intellectual property and prepare invention disclosures and other necessary documents
- help faculty and staff who wish to start a company based on a technology owned by the university to obtain necessary approvals and establish contacts with appropriate resources
- manage the intellectual property process to ensure that the university obtains protection for inventions with promising commercial potential
- interface with licensees to ensure timely development of licensed technologies and fulfillment of financial obligations
- support business development efforts of individual departments and centers/institutes on campus
Walter G. Chambliss, Ph.D.
Director of Technology Management
wchambli ( at ) olemiss ( dot ) edu
Allyson M. Best, M.B.A.
Associate Director of Technology Management
amilhous ( at ) olemiss ( dot ) edu
Latasha R. McJunkins
Project Coordinator, Division of Technology Management
lrmcjunk ( at ) olemiss ( dot ) edu