Equipment Forms and Information

Non-Availability of Equipment
Use this form to document internal screening for available equipment before purchasing with federal funds. Items of equipment $5,000 and above need to be screened for at the department level (via the PI/Departmental Administrator). Items of equipment $50,000 and above need to be screened for throughout the University (via the University Federal Property Administrator). Forward the form to the Sponsored Programs Accountant/University Federal Property Administrator in the ORSP (hereafter referred to as the Sponsored Programs Accountant) as supporting documentation for the equipment purchase. See Federal Property Manual, Section 4.
Grant/Contract Equipment Inventory
Use this form to track and report government-titled and/or university-titled equipment. See Manual for Research and Sponsored Programs, Section 7.2.
Subcontractor Equipment Inventory
Subcontractors use this form to inventory all government-owned property and report the results to the UM PI/Departmental Administrator. See Federal Property Manual, Section 12.
Transfer of Equipment
Use this form to request transfer of equipment to another institution. This document is intended to guide both (1) a principal investigator/project director (PI/PD) who plans to leave UM and continue his/her research at another university, and (2) a PI/PD who, while still a UM employee, seeks to transfer the equipment purchased with sponsored funds to another institution on a permanent basis. See Federal Property Manual, Section 22.

Additional Information