Protocol Review Schedule and Guidelines
Below are the Wednesday noon monthly meeting dates and protocol due dates for the Institutional Review Board for Summer/Fall 2021 and Spring 2022. Late/incomplete submissions will NOT be accepted and will be put on the next monthly meeting's agenda.
|Meeting Date||Protocol Due Date|
|June 2, 2021||May 19, 2021|
|July 7, 2021||June 23, 2021|
|August 4, 2021||July 21, 2021|
|September 1, 2021||August 18, 2021|
|October 6, 2021||September 22, 2021|
|November 3, 2021||October 20, 2021|
|December 1, 2021||November 17, 2021|
|January 5, 2022||December 22, 2021|
|February 2, 2022||January, 19, 2022|
|March 2, 2022||February 16, 2022|
|April 6, 2022||March 23, 2022|
|May 4, 2022||April 20, 2022|
|June 1, 2022||May 18, 2022|
- Fewer than 5% of protocols require Full Board Review. Contact the Division of Research Integrity and Compliance (x7482, or irb ( at ) olemiss ( dot ) edu) to determine if your study might require Full Board Review.
- Protocols for Full Board Review must be submitted 2 weeks in advance of meetings (see schedule above). Deadlines will be strictly observed. Other protocols may be submitted at any time.
- IRB staff conduct a preliminary review and invariably request some protocol modifications. Modifications must be completed by the Wednesday that precedes the Board meeting.
- To facilitate reviews, investigators are invited to Board meetings to directly address concerns.
- To understand the IRB review process, see the IRB Flow Charts.
- For guidance on preparing protocols, see our Protocol Tips page.