UM/UMMC Research Day 2017 Priority Registration Window
Priority Registration is open now through March 22 for those interested in attending the third annual UM/UMMC Research Day, which will be held April 13, 2017, from 10am – 3pm, at the Inn at Ole Miss on the Oxford campus. This year’s event is themed “Nurturing Collaboration,” and will have a three-fold purpose:
1. To FACILITATE the formation of NEW COLLABORATIONS--especially cross-campus collaborations
2. To NURTURE EXISTING COLLABORATIONS
3. To INFORM attendees about interesting topics related to collaborative research
All who are involved in or seeking collaborative research (including research active UM/UMMC graduate and undergraduate students) are welcome to participate, and encouraged to register today at https://tinyurl.com/umresearchday2017registration.
You do NOT need to provide poster titles or abstracts during the priority registration process—we will ask you for that a little later. Instead, the registration process will prompt you to indicate your interest in participating in the several activities that are being planned, as well as to provide information about your collaborative interests to share with other attendees.
Activities being planned include:
· 4-minute talks on proposed Flagship Constellation themes
· A research speed networking session
· A poster session featuring EITHER completed or in-progress research projects OR research capabilities and facilities that may be of interest to collaborators
· Breakout sessions on collaboration topics
· Keynote presentations on neuroscience and “bench to bedside” approaches
The program and agenda will be finalized by March 24 based on the preferences of the registrants, and published at http://researchday.olemiss.edu.
Round trip transportation will be provided from Jackson to Oxford for UMMC personnel participating in the event. Please e-mail questions to email@example.com.