January 28, 2016
3pm – 4:30 pm
E.F. Yerby Conference Center
University of Mississippi
The UM Office of Research has put together a task force to monitor developments of the Gulf oil spill recovery and restoration process. The goals of the Task Force are to:
- Monitor information related to research and other opportunities available via oil spill restoration processes, and disseminate that information on campus as appropriate; and
- Attend meetings statewide with key people, agencies, and programs to raise awareness about UM capabilities related to oil spill recovery and restoration.
The members of the Task Force are:
- Greg Easson, MMRI
- Marc Slattery, NIUST
- Deb Gochfeld, NCNPR
- Stephanie Showalter Otts, Sea Grant Law Center
- Craig Hickey, NCPA
- Stefan Schulenberg, Clinical Disaster Research Ctr.
- Josh Gladden, NCPA/ORSP
- Jason Hale, ORSP
- Lisa Stone (ORSP Admin Support)
The Task Force presented an overview to the University Research Board at its November meeting. As a follow up, the Task Force will be giving this presentation plus any new developments at a campus-wide forum on January 28, 2016, at 3 p.m., in the E. F. Yerby Conference Center auditorium. To register, please sign up for the presentation called “ORSP Information Session: Special Topic” for January 28th at http://www.research.olemiss.edu/upcoming-presentations. Please pass this along to any UM colleagues you feel would benefit from this information.
If you have any questions about the task force itself in advance of the meeting, please direct them to Greg Easson at email@example.com. Questions about the event can be sent to Jason Hale at firstname.lastname@example.org.