Four Flagship Constellation information sessions/working meetings will be held August 15 and 16 at the University of Mississippi, Grenada (on the Grenada campus of Holmes Community College). These meetings will be facilitated by faculty, and are open to any and all UM and UMMC faculty/staff who are interested in contributing to the respective constellation efforts.
The goals for these meetings are to:
- Identify initial concentration areas within each constellation. These areas have alternatively been referred to as research thrusts or gravitational themes.
- Develop an internal advisory/governing board structure for each constellation.
- Develop a plan to catalog current institutional capabilities (or bench strengths) for each constellation.
- Develop a plan to identify and prioritize capability gaps – needs to be filled in order to move forward within each constellation. These may include expertise, physical infrastructure, and administrative or cyber infrastructure, among others.
- Identify thematic overlaps across constellations
Advanced registration is required. Registrants will receive follow up communications later this week with meeting logistics, physical or online directions, and an agenda.
UM/Oxford Campus employees with a valid WebId please register by noon Friday, August 11, or as soon thereafter as possible, going to http://www.research.olemiss.edu/upcoming-presentations and clicking “Sign Up” next to the constellation meetings you wish to attend. For each constellation of interest, please just sign up once—for either “in person” or “remote” participation. We may reach out to coordinate a shuttle or carpooling for those who express an interest.
Jackson/UMMC Campus employees can register by sending e-mailing email@example.com. Be sure to specify which constellation meeting(s) you wish to attend, and whether you will be participating in person or remotely.
Having difficulty signing up? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location, Directions, Logistics, and Instructions
See http://research.olemiss.edu/sites/default/files/AugustFCMeetingsLogistics-v2.pdf for information on:
- shutttle service from Oxford to Grenada for this event
- driving/parking instructions for those driving their own cars
- directions on how to participate remotely via AdobeConnect